In this article we will see how to create an rss email campaign. Here are some points you should know before starting this process.
- you will need the URL of your RSS feed. If you want to include content from multiple sources,
- You can also use a font dealer to combine multiple RSS feeds into one.
- The RSS content cannot be controlled through the campaign builder . If you want to apply a certain format to the content, edit the RSS feed directly.
- To ensure that a blog post is included in an RSS campaign, publish it at least 3 hours before the time of sending the RSS campaign.
Las RSS campaigns use merge tags to extract content from your RSS feed. Mailchimp automatically sends this content to your subscribers according to the schedule you set, either daily, weekly or as convenient for your blog.
To set up an RSS campaign, you’ll need to create an email that Mailchimp will copy and populate with the new content from the blog feed for each send. You can think of this as your “parent” campaign and each copy as a “child” of the parent campaign.
We will not send RSS emails unless there is something new to share. For example, if you set your campaign to send weekly, but you haven’t posted anything new in over a week, we won’t send it to your audience until there’s a new post on the day you set your campaign to send.
The the first time you send your RSS email campaign, we will only send entries from the last 24 hours for daily shipments, from the last seven days for weekly shipments and from the last 30 days for monthly shipments. Thereafter, each new post will incorporate all the entries that have been created on your blog since the last post.
How to create an RSS campaign
For CCreate a new RSS campaignfollow these steps.
1. Click the Create icon
2. Haz click Email (Email).
3. Click on the Automated tab (automated)
4. click on Share blog updates (Share blog updates).
5. Introduce un Campaign Name (Campaign Name) and choose an audience.
6. Click Begin.
RSS Feed Pass
Select the RSS feed you want to use and other options in the RSS Feed step.
1. Write the URL of your feed in the RSS field Feed URL (URL of the RSS feed).
2. Select the shipping time and other options.
When should we make shipments?
- Elige Every day, Every week or Every month. Use the dropdown menus and checkboxes to select the day and time you want to send your RSS campaign.
- Resize RSS feed images to fit template(Resize RSS feed images to fit the template)
Check this box if you want Mailchimp to resize your feed images to fit the template. This will help prevent your campaign from being distorted. This option only resizes images pulled via the *|RSSITEM:CONTENT|* or *|RSSITEM:CONTENT_FULL| merge tag.
*. This option will not work if the campaign is viewed in Outlook. You also can’t resize videos.
Select the audience or segment you want to send the campaign to. To send to a segment, set up a new segment on this screen or select a saved segment.
In the Setup step (Options) you can write the Email subject (Subject of the email) and the From name (Name of the sender) that your subscribers will see when they receive your blog posts in their inbox.
- Write the details of the campaign in the indicated fields.
- Check the boxes next to any additional settings or tracking options you want to include.
in step Template, you can choose the design you want to use. You can create an RSS campaign from any available template, and use our RSS content blocks to pull content from your feed.
in step Design, you can design your campaign.The first time you design an RSS campaign, we show the last entry that was added to your feed as an example.
Use RSS content blocks, auto-populated with our RSS merge tags, to customize the content to include in your campaign.
Las RSS merge tags pull information from your feed for campaigns , and tell our system what to look for when checking the source. If those tags are missing, your emails will be delivered without content.
In it Confirm step you will be able to review and launch your campaign . To review and launch your advertising campaign, follow these steps.
1. Review the pre-shipment checklist and, if you haven’t already, preview and test your email campaign. Click Resolve or Edit to change any section of the campaign.
2. Click Start RSSto send your RSS email according to your chosen time, or click the dropdown arrow and choose Send now and start RSS campaign to immediately send an email and start your scheduled time.
View RSS campaign reports
We generate a report for each email in the child RSS campaign . To get an overview of reports for a child campaign, follow these steps.
1. Haz click the Campaigns icon (Bells).
2. Click Reports (Reports)
3. If you have more than one audience, click the Current audience dropdown (Current Audience) and select the one associated with the campaign you want to work with.
4.Click View Report (View Report).
This will take you to the list of child campaigns sent for that RSS campaign.
5.Click View Reportto view the report for a child campaign.
Troubleshooting your RSS campaign
If your campaign has errors, take a look at our troubleshooting resource to learn how to resolve common RSS problems.